October 29, 2013

Quickfire Review: Pulino's

Quickfire Review: Pulino's 

Quickfire weekend review


Hey everyone. This weekend I ate at Pulino's, a newish Nolita pizza staple right in my old neighborhood. Pulino's opened right as I was leaving my first NYC apartment, so I never got a chance to eat there. I have to admit, I was drawn when I learned that Food Network's Nate Appleman cheffed there, but he's long gone. I don't know how much of Nate is still in the food, but whoever has a hand in the menu, it's good. Opened by Keith McNally, owner and restaurateur of such restaurants as Balthazar and Pravda in the same neighborhood, Pulino's offers very respectable thin crust pizza with fresh, tasty toppings and fells a lot like his other restaurants. 

We had the burrata pizza which had a simple and fantastic crust with a marinara sauce that stole the show. We also had the braised duck 'gnocchi' which fit the weather with a rich and powerful wine sauce over a polenta cake... not quite gnocchi. We got a hot fudge Sunday dessert only because it came with Amarena cherries, which are heaven sent. The vanilla gelato, whether it was homemade or not, was great as well. Overall, the place was just right; we will be going back.

On a side note, go see All is Lost with Robert Redford... an absolutely great movie that might go unnoticed. 

- Adam from Tipped Mixology

No comments:

Post a Comment