July 27, 2013

Very Sad News


I received some very sad news today about a Williamsburg restaurant pioneer. Colin Devlin, chef and owner of such restaurants as Dumont, Dumont Burger, and the since closed Dressler, was found dead in Pennsylvania. Please read an article by Lauren Evans in Gothamist here.

Colin Devlin fostered an amazing atmosphere in his restaurants and was a pioneer in Williamsburg when it came to amazing farm fresh food. I have many great memories of his restaurants, Dumont in particular, and will always appreciate what he has done for Williamsburg and for me personally, even though we never met. From burgers with my best friend sitting in Dumont Burger to my first date with my girlfriend, very special memories were made while in your restaurants, and I will never forget that they were because of you. 

Colin, it's sad to hear that you are gone. I hope you read my review of Dumont before your passing and I hope it gave you great pride. You were a visionary, a mentor, and you will always have a very special place in my heart. I can only hope that someone treats your restaurants as well as you did and shares in your drive, passion, and creativity. We will miss you. Rest in peace. 

Please read my past review on Dumont here

-Adam from Tipped Mixology

No comments:

Post a Comment